50 Palabras en inglés con S
Aprender vocabulario nuevo es uno de los pasos más importantes que debemos tomar cuando se trata de aprender inglés o cualquier otro idioma. Por eso, para ayudarte a mejorar tu vocabulario te mostraremos una importante lista de útiles palabras en inglés con S con su traducción y algunos ejemplos de uso.
Palabras en inglés con S
A continuación te mostraremos una lista de 50 palabras en inglés con s con su traducción al español así como unas oraciones que muestran cómo se pueden usar:
1. Sad – Triste
- I’m very sad because my cat ran away
- Why are you so sad today?
2. Salary – Salario
- I’m waiting for my salary check
- How much is your weekly salary?
3. Schedule – Calendario
- I have a very narrow work schedule
- He has to schedule the meeting for next week
4. Science – Ciencia
- Alex is in science class until 5
- Do you like studying science?
5. Sea – Mar
- John is working in a ship; he’ll be at sea until next month
- I really enjoy watching the sea
6. Secret - Secreto
- Let me tell you a secret…
- We are having a secret love affair
7. Seek – Buscar
- She should seek medical attention
- Do you want to play hide and seek?
8. Several – Varios / Varias
- I have several pairs of snickers
- He gave several examples in class
9. Shelter – Refugio
- Dana works in an animal shelter
- Everybody needs to be shelter during the storm
10. Shape – Forma
- What shape is this table?
- You are in a very good shape
11. Shirt – Camisa
- That’s a very cute shirt!
- I just bought a new shirt
12. Shoe/shoes – Zapato/Zapatos
- I need to buy a new pair of running shoes
- His right shoe got stuck in the mud
13. Shoulder – Hombro
- We work shoulder to shoulder to start our company
- He hurt his shoulder in his work last week
14. Sick – Enfermo/Enferma
- She woke up very sick this morning
- I got sick in our trip to Portugal
15. Silly – Tonto
- Will is being so silly today
- I did a silly thing and he laughed so hard
16. Silver – Plata/Plateado
- I bought a pair of silver earrings
- His car is a silver mustang
17. Signature – Firma
- Gaby needs your signature to go to the school trip
- Daniel is doing his signature dance step
18. Single – Soltero/Solo
- Anthony is single now
- I haven’t found a single house I like
19. Sister – Hermana
- Hannah is Becky’s sister
- You are like a sister to me
20. Size – Talla/Tamaño
- What’s your shoe size?
- The pool was the size of 2 football fields
21. Slow – Lento/Lenta
- You need to slow down, we’re going too fast
- Sandra walks very slowly
22. Small – Pequeño
- Diana has a small apartment
- Carlos then gave me a small box, and then asked me to marry him
23. Smart – Inteligente
- Joshua is such a smart kid!
- Buying a new car was a very smart decision
24. Smile – Sonrisa
- André has a very beautiful smile
- I smile every time I see him
25. Soft – Suave
- I bought a very soft cushion
- She speaks with a very soft tone
26. Sometimes – Algunas veces
- Sometimes I get sad when it rains
- He rides his bike to work sometimes
27. Song – Canción
- I really like that song
- Ben wrote a very beautiful song for his mom
28. South – Sur
- He lives in South Dakota
- Andy lives south of the park
29. Soon – Pronto
- We will see each other very soon
- Are you coming home soon?
30. Speak – Hablar
- Do you speak English?
- Yes, I speak English and French
31. Specific – Específico
- Could you be more specific?
- He did a very specific type of science project
32. Speed – Velocidad
- He was going at a very high speed
- At what speed should the mixer go to make the cake mix?
33. Spring – Primavera
- I’m happy that spring is coming
- They are getting married this next spring
34. State – Estado
- We traveled the entire state looking for a new place to live
- She was in a very bad state of mind that night
35. Step – Paso
- Alyssa learned a new dance step yesterday
- You have to follow the recipe step by step
36. Strange – Extraño
- Everything was very strange that day
- There was a strange odor coming from the kitchen, so we left
37. Street – Calle
- She lives in Appleton Street
- Watch out when you’re crossing the street
38. Strength – Fuerza
- He has so much strength he broke a door just closing it
- You need a lot of emotional strength to go thru this
39. Suddenly – De pronto
- We were outside and suddenly it started raining
- And then he suddenly stands up and starts singing
40. Sugar – Azúcar
- How much sugar in your coffee?
- I needed to buy sugar so I went to the supermarket
41. Silence – Silencio
- I just needed a little bit of silence to concentrate
- Silence everyone!
42. Sky – Cielo
- This is the bluest sky I’ve ever seen
- When I looked at the sky there was the brightest moon of the year
43. Sleep – Dormir
- Are you going to sleep at your sister’s?
- I need to sleep more hours because I’m always tired
44. Son – Hijo
- Dylan is Adrian’s oldest son
- My son loves playing with sand
45. Sound – Sonido
- The sound of his voice makes me smile
- There was a loud sound that woke me up in the middle of the night
46. Spoon – Cuchara/Cucharilla
- You have to add a table spoon of butter to the mix
- The baby used a spoon for the first time today
47. Square – Cuadrado/ Plaza
- I was in Halifax square when he called me
- He bought a square cake for Brian’s birthday
48. Stairs – Escaleras
- Jonah’s bedroom is in the second floor right up the stairs
- Alice fell down the stairs last week
49. Store – Tienda
- Do you need anything from the grocery store?
- There is a new store near our house
50. Summer – Verano
- I love going to the beach in the summer
- Where are you guys going next summer?
Como puedes ver, esta lista contiene 50 palabras en inglés con S que te ayudarán a aumentar tu vocabulario lo que a su vez hará que puedas formar muchas más oraciones.
Estas palabras en inglés con s serán de gran ayuda para que tu léxico mejore y al aprenderlas, tu capacidad de sostener conversaciones y escribir oraciones que tengan significado aumentará. De esta manera, podrás lograr aprender palabras nuevas.